Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Visit

Quite cousin time.
My sister, aka Auntie, and Cousin H came for a visit last week.  It's a rare treat to have them visit us and it was super fun.  We started with the Lantern Festival of course, and then had a day of good food, thrifting and pool time.  We wrapped the visit up with walking for takeout pizza...they live out in the woods basically, so being able to walk to pick up food or a book at the library or whatnot is a novelty.

We made sure to go the the Friendly Toast in Portsmouth, NH for breakfast.  I love this place so much I was actually thinking about it as I was drifting off to sleep the night before and planning to bring a cooler and gel packs so I could bring my leftovers home (their portions are HUGE)...and we were planning on some thrifting afterwards.  Of course I totally forgot about this plan, so we could only bring home our left over toast...which was still delicious.

This place is great for kids.  They can get a half portion of anything on the menu.  Miss B always gets the Flying Fish Scramble (smoked salmon with scrambled eggs).  It's nice and loud in there, and there's a ton of cool kitch with which to play "I spy."



Warning, I'm not a huge fan of their coffee, but they have a great tea menu.  Be sure to ask for it.  I generally get the Napoleon Dynamite tea.  I also always get the Mexican Mash, which is too spicy to share with Miss B, but a risk I am willing to take.  No trip is complete with out a trip to the loo.  I can't vouch for the men's room, but the ladies' room always has a unique toilet seat.  Generally it is clear plastic resin of some sort with either candy or rubber ducks within.  A huge hit with Miss B, and me too for that matter.

Cousin H engaging with sidewalk art.

Strong Auntie holding up Miss B.
 We've been talking all summer about taking Auntie and Cousin H to our friend's pool...which we use while he's at work and generally feels like our own private pool (complete with enchanted frog).  We spent the afternoon and it was soooo nice.


Our friend, eyeing us a bit warily.







Good summer fun, and such a treat to have the two of them here!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment