Monday, September 17, 2012

These Days



Trying to get into the swing of fall routines.

Soccer.  Dance.  School.

Miss B came home Friday and informed us that it was her last day.  We said right, now you have the weekend off, and then you'll go back to school on Monday.  No, she insisted, they said it was the last day.  We're out.  Oh, bless her little heart.  I want this transition to school to go so smoothly, and it is turning out to be quite a transition indeed.  Particularly the saying goodbye in the morning.  When I pick her up, she does not want to leave...and she speaks fondly of school and her teachers...still we are struggling to adjust.  And tears are spilling.  I just want her to be happy.

Soaking up a few more barefoot days at the beach (I just realized I deleted the pictures from our last trip - agh!).  Making plans for winter beach days (with hats, and boots, and scarves and most likely snowpants!).  The ocean is just such a comfort.  We feel so lucky to be so close to the sea.

Lot's of tomatoes and canning - my local shop is actually out of canning jars!!  Hoping to try this recipe for tomato jam from Food In Jars tomorrow.  Our kitchen is a fruit fly free for all.  My usual apple cider vinegar and dish soap traps do not seem to be working.  Tomatoes must be so much tastier.  Anyone else have any ideas?  I'm all ears.

The sun has nearly dried the grass now, and the garden is calling.

I hope your day is a gentle one.


No comments:

Post a Comment